Saturday, March 16, 2013

Ghetto Push Sled

A sled/prowler is a great tool for conditioning work. As a college student living in a apartment, though, I do not have access to a good place to use one, and I lack the funds to purchase one. I am also not very handy, and don't have the tools to build one anyway. So, sled training has been out of the question for me.

The other day at the gym, I noticed a guy using an upside-down box as a sled.The set-up is real simple:


Take a box, flip it upside down and place it on a towel so you don't ruin the gym floor and get chased out. Place weights in the flat area of the box, and push 'til you puke. I've started doing HIIT with the box- 1 min pushing at a fast pace, 1 minute catching my breath, rinse and repeat.

The janitors also thanked me for helping them clean the basketball court floors.

Don't have access to a prowler or a sled? Get creative and get pushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment